Please write a genuine and meaningful answer to get a good ranking.
Thank you for this useful information. It’s well appreciated. Can anybody else give their inputs to make this page more informative and meaningful?
Selecting right products with right ingredients for your baby is a real challenge. Almost every mum gives
massage to their babies before bath. The question that arises in mind is which oil should we use? Should
I use ghee or not? What other ingredients I should add to the oil? And many more such questions.
Ghee ( clarified butter): It is a traditional or I must say that it is one of the best products for massaging
your baby. It has numerous benefits:
1. It gives your baby smooth, nourished skin. Babies' skin usually gets dry very easily. Ghee will
moisturize and softens the dry areas.
2. It helps in strong bone development.
3. It improves the blood circulation in the child’s body.
4. At times when babies swallow air while drinking milk, you can massage your baby’s navel with
hing and ghee. It helps the babies from any kind of gas problems.
Ghee can be used with different ingredients.
1. Ghee+ carom seeds(ajwain): heat up some ghee and some carom seeds to it. Let it pop and its
done. Just strain it and warm it up while using. This will help babies during winters.
2. Ghee+ garlic cloves: heat up some ghee. Add few garlic cloves to it and let them turn dark
brown. Then just strain the ghee and use it warm. It helps to relieve congestion from the chest
3. Ghee+ almonds: again heat up the ghee and add few almonds to it. Let them fry for a minute or
two and its done. This nourishes the skin well and helps babies during cough.
There are few other oils also that can be used for massaging babies:
1. Coconut oil: this is another good choice for massaging babies. It moisturizes the skin well and
can also be used as a diaper rash cream. Even babies with sensitive skin can be massaged with
2. Almond oil: almond oil nourishes the skin well but it is advisable to use it only in winters. It can
irritate the baby’s skin in summers.
3. Unscented mineral oil: any mineral oil that is perfume-free can also be used for baby massage.
Scented oil can damage and irritate the skin.
4. Jojoba oil: jojoba oil can be used for babies with eczema. It helps in healing the skin.