Please write a genuine and meaningful answer to get a good ranking. We will delete the answer if copied from any other website.
Database-: A database is a logically coherent collection of data with some inherent meaning, representing some aspect of real world and which is designed, built and populated with data for a specific purpose.
DBMS-: It is a collection of programs that enables user to create and maintain a database. In other words it is general purpose software that provides the users with the processes of defining, constructing and manipulating the database for various Applications.
Advantages of Data Base Management system :
1. Redundancy is controlled.
2. Unauthorized access is restricted.
3. Providing multiple user interfaces.
4. Enforcing integrity constraints.
5. Providing backup and recovery.