Founded at 1948 .The pioneers, the first batch of three sisters from foreign countries have bequeathed not only their mark in quality service that is continued by the incoming band of Indian sisters but also have merited the familiar and popular acclaims as “AMERICAN HOSPITAL!!!” An English club turned into the residence for sisters will in itself foretell the contextual changes necessitated and gradually brought into effect. Step by step as traced in the historical developments from its inception to date, clearly manifest the original vision daring to brave through all odds giving apt expression according to the signs of the time. In a steady pace under the able leadership of sisters the hospital moved from the original, “Mother and Child Welfare Unit” to its present day multi-facetted approach bringing Specialists on fixed days to cater to the needs of the people. The limited space has no doubt over the years turned into a concrete jungle with only a small stretch to show the earth below and the sky above.